Applications are now invited for the Dianne Woest Fellowship in Arts & Humanities 2021 which is being offered by The Historic New Orleans Collection Museum, USA. The Dianne Woest Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities supports scholarly research on the history and culture of Louisiana and the Gulf South.
While the Historic New Orleans Collection Museum (THNOC) resources should play a central role in the proposed research agenda, fellows are also encouraged to explore other research facilities in the Greater New Orleans area.
The fellowship includes a stipend of $4,000. Fellows may select their period(s) of residence, but all research must commence and conclude during the specified fellowship term (April 1, 2021–March 31, 2022).
- The Woest Fellowship is open to doctoral candidates, academic and museum professionals, and independent scholars.
- U.S. citizenship is not required, but applicants should be fluent in English.
- Fellows will be expected to acknowledge THNOC in any published work drawing on fellowship research.
- Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other protected status.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Candidates need to submit the following document while applying:
- A completed copy of our fellowship application form;
- A current vita;
- A 100-word abstract of the project; and
- A research proposal, not to exceed six double-spaced pages, in which you outline the scope of the project, discuss the relevance of research materials at The Historic New Orleans Collection, and discuss the anticipated product of your research (book, dissertation, exhibition, etc.).
- Additionally, you must submit letters of recommendation from two scholars familiar with your work. These letters may be sent under separate cover.
The filled-in application forms are to be sent via email to Jason.Wiese@hnoc.org. The last date to apply is November 15, 2020.
Email ID: Jason.Wiese@hnoc.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Writing Fellowship 2021 at Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study, South Africa [With Stipend]: Apply by July 15.