The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) invites proposals from national research/ academic institutions for developing affordable and indigenous cutting edge technologies for human survival in low earth orbits and beyond for space exploration.
This opportunity will enable national research/ academic institutions to harness their expertise and capabilities towards the development of technologies for space exploration.
ISRO’s Human Space Program will endeavor to send humans to destinations from low earth orbits and beyond. Human Space Mission requires innovations and creative technologies for space explorations which will lead to a widening of scientific knowledge, economic growth, value addition to the quality of life of a common man, and thus national development.
- Radiation Hazards Characterisation and Mitigation Techniques
- Space Food and Related Technologies
- Inflatable Habitats Technology
- Human Robotic Interfaces
- Thermal Protection Systems
- Environmental Control And Life Support Systems
- Green Propulsion
- Advanced Materials
- Debris Management And Mitigation
- Energy Harness And Storage
- In-situ 3D Manufacturing Technologies For Space
- Fluid Technology and Management
- Space Bioengineering
- Simulated Gravity Technologies
- Human Psychology For Long Term Missions
ISRO shall constitute a Selection Committee for scrutiny of the proposals. The screening of the proposals will be based on scientific benefits, relevance, technical content, and feasibility perspective.
Call for Proposals
The Principal Investigator (PI) of the proposal should:
- Provide necessary details and usage of technology/ solution for human space programs that can bridge the gap in terms of affordability and indigenization.
- Be capable of developing a space-qualified payload/ solution.
The complete proposal with all the relevant details to be submitted through the Head of the institution (send the advance copy in “Word” and the signed pdf copy by speed post/email) to Director, Directorate of Human Space Programme, ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore-560094. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to submit your proposals is July 15, 2020. To download the nomination form, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Proposals: AI/ ML Applications in Earth Sciences by Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India: Submit by June 1.