About the Competition
Philately Division, Department of Posts, Government of India announces Stamp Design Contest on the occasion of Independence Day 2020.
For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s social-economic development. Philately is the study of stamps and postal history and other related items. It also refers to the collection, appreciation and research activities on stamps and other philatelic products.
The theme of the Stamp Design Contest is “UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India (Cultural)”. Entries are invited through an open contest on MyGov platform of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Competition is open to all Indian Citizens/Institutions residing within and outside India.
- All entries are governed by the provisions of Emblems and Names (Prevention of improper use) Act, 1950 and any violation of the said Act will result in disqualification.
Technical Parameters for Stamp
- The entry must be accompanied by a very brief write up of 50-60 words describing the subject of the photograph.
- A signed undertaking stating that “The photograph submitted by me is original and no copyright issues are involved” must be uploaded along with the entry. Department of Posts will not be liable for the same.
The selected winners will be awarded the cash prize of:
- 1st Prize: Rs. 50,000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- 5 Consolation prizes: Rs. 5,000/- each
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
July 27, 2020
For full notification, click the link below.