About the Contest
Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) is an organisation under the Department of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India. Exploratory Tubewell Organisation (ETO), the parent organisation of CGWB was constituted in 1954, and in the year 1970, the ETO was rechristened Central Ground Water Board.
With a vision of “Sustainable Development and Management of Ground Water Resources of the Country”, CGWB has a mandate to “Develop and disseminate technologies, and monitor and implement national policies for the scientific and sustainable development and management of India’s groundwater resources, including their exploration, assessment, conservation, augmentation, protection from pollution and distribution, based on principles of economic and ecological efficiency and equity”.
It is the apex organisation dealing with groundwater under the Government of India. Monitoring, Assessment and Management of groundwater resources are the major responsibilities of the Board. In the last seven decades, the activities of CGWB has increased many fold and presently, the activities of the Board include but not restricted to
- mapping of aquifers
- exploring groundwater sources
- promoting ground water-based irrigation in feasible areas
- monitoring changes in groundwater regime including its quality
- assessing availability and status of exploitation of groundwater resources
- aquifer rejuvenation or artificial recharge interventions
- regulation of groundwater use etc. CGWB, through its training institute assists in capacity building for groundwater professionals at the National level (Tier I), state-level(Tier II), and stakeholders at the grassroots level(Tier III).
As a part of its outreach programs, CGWB also conducts Public Interaction Programmes for farmers, panchayat level workers NGOs, and others.
The existing logo of CGWB was adopted in 1970. After five decades, the Board proposes to adopt a new contemporary logo that captures in a lucid and aesthetic manner and conveys the emerging challenges in the sector and the role of CGWB.
The prize money is Rs. 1,00,000/- for the best entry.
Every Indian citizen or agency is eligible to participate in the competition and there is no entry fee. However, all Government employees participating in this competition should have prior permission from their employer to participate in this competition.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the contest through this link.
Oct 1, 2020
For more details, click the link below.