About the Contest
The Ministry of AYUSH invites concepts and designs for the Mascot of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) which is observed annually on the 21st of June.
Since the year 2015, when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) took the historic decision to declare 21st June as the International Day of Yoga, this day has been celebrated all over the world with a lot of enthusiasm. With the demonstrated benefits of Yoga towards immunity building and stress relief, there is a necessity to utilize the occasion of the International Day of Yoga to reinstate these benefits in the minds of the people.
Therefore, the Ministry of AYUSH has taken the decision to announce a Mascot for the IDY on the eve of IDY 2021 observance and invites entries for a Mascot design and name from all Indian citizens, agencies, and interested organisations within India.
The prize for the winning entry: Rs One Lakh only
- Participants should provide a name for the Mascot along with a brief rationale for the name.
- Participants should upload the Mascot design in JPEG/PNG/SVG format only. Pictures of any caricatures or hand-drawn concepts can be uploaded using the same process.
- The shortlisted entries for evaluation may be required to submit the design in an editable and open file format.
- Participants should not imprint, watermark, or mention any personal identifiers such as name or any other details on the uploaded entries.
- A small description should be provided to explain the Mascot concept and rationale.
- The fill size should not exceed 2 MB with maximum 4 images.
- All entries and submissions will be assessed for award by the Selection and Evaluation Committee instituted by the Ministry.
- Entries will be judged on the bases of creativity, originality, composition, simplicity, visual impact, and on how well they communicate and promote the International Day of Yoga brand.
- The decision of the Selection and Evaluation Committee will be final and binding on all participants, and no clarification would be issued to any participants for any of the decisions undertaken.
- The Ministry would have the right over all entries for usage in a way felt appropriate by it. The participants would have no right or claim on the submitted entries.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition shall be subject to jurisdiction of Delhi.
How to Submit?
- Interested participants can submit their entries through this link.
- The result of the competition will be announced by the 15th of February 2021. In case of any delays due to unforeseen circumstances, any updates to the competition timeline, terms, and guidelines will be communicated through the MyGov platform and/or the official channels of the Ministry of AYUSH.
January 20, 2021
For more details, click the link below.