Smart Cities Mission is an initiative of the Government of India with the objective to develop 100 smart cities across the country. The focus is on creation of connected, livable, energy efficient, adaptive and resilient cities by virtue of integrated infrastructure and services in cities implemented through deployment of smart solutions. The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is responsible for implementing the mission in collaboration with the state governments and the respective cities.
The Smart Cities Mission has set up an India Urban Observatory (IUO) in the ministry premises, with a vision to establish a state-of-the-art urban laboratory leveraging multi-dimensional data from various domains using advanced AI/ML, Data science, Analytics & visualization capabilities to;
- Generate insights/trends/patterns over urbanization.
- Facilitate data driven policy interventions.
- Assess Impact of various MoHUA mission programs/projects.
- Assist Performance monitoring and Management.
Objective of the Contest
The Smart Cities Mission intends to float a competition for Logo design for the IUO. The main objective of this competition is to develop a logo to be used by IUO under Smart Cities Mission and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
This logo should reflect the vision of the IUO as mentioned above.
Terms and Conditions
- The Name and Logo should not contain any provocative or objectionable Content.
- The logo should be subtle and inviting.
- All entries should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Logo and how best it encapsulates its essence.
- Style of Logo: Word Mark, Pictorial Mark, Abstract Mark, Letter Mark, Emblem, Character, etc.
- The Logo may contain words/phrases in English/Hindi/Sanskrit.
- All entries (submission template, including logo- preferably in PDF or PNG or JPEG formats) should be submitted.
- The last date for submission of entry is August 21, 2019.