Submissions are invited for Design a Postal Stamp Celebrating India’s Post Independence Achievements in Science and Technology by DST for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 15 September.
VIGYAN PRASAR, under the Aegis of Department of Science and Technology, announces a Postal stamp design competition as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav– to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
India has come a long way in the last seven decades, making a mark in various fields in science and technology, including agriculture, healthcare, energy, space, environment, biotechnology, engineering, and Information Technology. These achievements have improved the standard of living of every citizen.
To honour these accomplishments in Science and Technology, VIGYAN PRASAR will be bringing out Postal stamps for the nation through MyGov and provide wide publicity on IndiaScience Channel.
“विज्ञान से विकास – प्रौद्योगिकी से प्रगति” is the theme for the competition. The creative design should capture the achievements of the Indian scientific community and scientific institutions post-independence.
Competition will be open to all Indian citizens residing within and outside India.
- Stamp Design should be submitted in JPEG, PNG or PDF format only.
- Stamp Design should be designed in colour. The designed Stamp Design shall be provided in both CYMK and RGB formats. The size of the Stamp maybe 15 cm (width) × 20 cm (length) or 20 cm (width) × 15 cm (length).
- Participants are free to use drawing paper, art paper or any other type of white paper of A4 size.
- The Stamp Design should be usable on the website / social media such as Twitter/ Facebook and printed materials such as black and white press releases, stationery and signage, labels etc.
- The design could be in ink, water colour, oil colour or any other medium. Computer graphic designs are also allowed. There are no restrictions in the range of materials and colours used in the works, but three-dimensional works will not be accepted. The design so submitted should be scanned in high resolution and sent in the prescribed formats.
- The design submitted should be such that it can be depicted on the stamps in a visually appealing manner to be of interest to philatelic collectors.
- File should be high resolution – at least 300 pixels per inch at 100% size.
- File should look clean (not pixilated or bit-mapped) when viewed on screen at 100%
- Entries should not be submitted in compressed or self-extracting formats.
Interested candidates can submit via this page.
The competition will be open from 16th August 2021, and the last entry will be accepted till 15th September 2021 (Time 2400 hrs).
The selected winners will be awarded with the cash prize of:
- 1st Prize – Rs. 15,000/-
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize – Rs. 5,000/-
- Three Consolation prize – Rs. 2,000/-
Click here to view the official notification of Design a Postal Stamp Celebrating India’s Post Independence Achievements in Science and Technology by DST.
You may also be interested in: