The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”.
The “Interns” shall be given exposure to various subjects deals with Sections/Divisions in DPIIT and would be expected to supplement the process of drafting proposals, exploring existing policies, laws, rules and regulations, carrying out research, and suggest course of action to improve regulatory environment and investment climate.
Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research from any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad in following domain are eligible to apply:
- Engineering- all branches
- Management- all branches
- Economics and Development
- Trade, Commerce and Industrialization
- Computers and Information Technology
- Library Management
Period of Internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding three months. Interns not completing the internship for the requisite period will not be issued any certificate or paid stipend.
Interns would be paid a stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
- Interested applicants may apply online.
- Applicant must also clearly indicate the areas of interest and the period of engagement.
- A candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year. The application will be valid for consideration for the entirety of the financial year in which the application is made.
- After the end of a financial year the applications received in that financial year will become invalid and a fresh database of applications will be compiled for new financial year.
- At the time of joining on selection, the applicant shall be required to submit a letter from their Head of Institution/Head of Department/ Principal, indicating their status in the Institution and “ No Objection” for allowing their students to undergo Internship program for the proposed period.