The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) invites essays on Nuclear Science & Technology as per following details written in any official Indian language or in English from regular full time students studying for graduation in India (after 10+2), in any discipline, in an Indian university or an institute deemed to be a university.
The essay should begin with an introduction and end with a conclusion. The introduction should highlight the multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development and how these have helped in overall societal development in the country.
The introductory portion should not exceed 350 words and should be followed by a detailed essay not exceeding 1500 words in any one of the topics given below. The conclusion should not exceed 150 words. The entire essay should not exceed 2000 words.
- Evolution of Nuclear Power in India:
Role of research reactors in introducing nuclear power to India
PHWR for power generation
Various types of reactors
Front end and back end technologies
- Radioisotope Production and Radiation Technology Applications:
Chemical processing of irradiated targets
Applications of radioisotopes in Healthcare, Agriculture and Industry
- Lasers and Their Impact on Mankind:
Applications in key areas that have influenced human life
Future directions and conclusions
How to send
- The essay should be sent directly by the contestant, along with bonafide studentship certificate from the Principal of his/her College/Institute.
- The participant shall write his/her Name, College/Institute and Residential address with Contact no and Email-ID of the Student as well as the Institute to be provided on a separate detachable sheet to communicate the results of the written essay.
The prizes for each topic are as follows:
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000
- Second Prize: Rs. 20,000
- Third Prize: Rs. 15,000
- Consolation: Rs. 7,000
For any queries, contact
Assistant Personnel Officer,
Public Awareness Division,
Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India,
Anushakti Bhavan, CSM Marg, Mumbai 400 001.