About the Scheme
Applications are invited for the Department of School Education & Literacy National Means Cum Merit Scholarship.
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Each State /UT have fixed quota of the scholarship of the concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
A separate examination shall be conducted by the State Governments/UT Administrations for selection of students for the award of the National Meanscum-Merit Scholarships in the States/UTs.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
Procedure for Selection of Awardee Students
- Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
Duration of the Test
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
General Eligibility Conditions
An awardee is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:
- takes up studies in approved courses.
- maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in a Government/Government-aided /Local Body school.
- does not absent himself/herself without proper leave.
- takes up studies on a whole time basis.
- does not take up any job.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Oct 31, 2020
For more details, click the link below.