As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World (OYW) Scholarship 2019, which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in London, the United Kingdom on 22 – 25 October 2019.
About the Scholarship:
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, to women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or providing opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Access to the One Young World Summit (OYW) 2019 in London, United Kingdom.
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only).
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, during these days.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials,
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Young leaders from non-profit, community organizations or social enterprises.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges.
Click here to apply.
May 10, 2019.