Applications are invited for the Debesh-Kamal Scholarships 2019 awarded by the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata, to deserving candidates for the purpose of higher education/research abroad.
- The candidates must have a uniformly good academic recorded with first class marks at the Honours of Post-graduate level, relaxable by the Selection Committee.
- They should not ordinarily be more than 30 years of age. Exceptions may be made for short-term post-graduate or post-doctoral researchers.
Area of study:
The preferred subjects of study/research are the humanities and the basic sciences, but candidates in other disciplines, such as social sciences and applied science and technology, will also be considered.
- The candidates will have to submit evidence of their having been admitted to a course of study/research at a major university or comparable academic institution abroad.
- Research students/scholars will have to submit along with their applications an outline of their research project as may have been approved by the university/institution concerned.
Value of the Scholarship:
- The value of a scholarship will be around Rs. 1.00 lakh for one year only. Since this amount will not be adequate for studies abroad, candidates will have to produce acceptable evidence of other resources or committed financial support.
- Debesh-Kamal Scholarship will be tenable for one year only.
Rs. 100. The fee is non-refundable.
How to apply?
- Download the application form.
- Attach the required documents including bank draft, photograph and mark sheets.
- Send the application to the following address in an envelope with the inscription ‘Debesh-Kamal Scholarship’:
Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture,
Gol Park, Kolkata 700 029.