Wellcome Trust DBT India Alliance Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in Basic Biomedic Research: Apply by Feb 3
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowships under the track of Basic Biomedical Research.
These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research under the remit of India Alliance, which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animalwelfare. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
- This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4–15 years of post-PhD research experience; applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme based on their qualification, research experience, track record, and aspirations. They may refer to the guidance notes, provisions, and mandates of the schemes. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
Eligibility guidance notes
Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research programme and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing cutting-edge research and wish to establish their own independent research programme in India.
The 5-year Fellowship provides
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
The following are essential for the application:
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- At least one letter of recommendation
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the complete duration of the award
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award. If invited to make a full application, an official support letter from the Sponsor would be mandatory.
Preliminary Application forms are now available at the India Alliance online application System (IASys). Your eligibility and competitiveness will be assessed and if suitable, you will be invited to submit a full application for the subsequent steps of review and interview.
Submission deadline: 03 February 2020, 2:00 PM IST
Queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on these Fellowships, please click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)