Applications are invited for DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology & Life Sciences 2021 at IISc Bangalore. The last date of application is 30 September.
About DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology & Life Sciences
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the award of “DBT-Research Associateship’’ for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The Associateship is tenable in Premier Research Institutions/Universities including non-profit R&D Institutions within India. The Associateships are awarded under a program sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or M.D./M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- Those who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S. thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in case of women candidates.
- Persons already employed are also eligible to apply. However, their applications should be routed through their employers.
Number of Fellows
75 Fellowships would be awarded every year. Depending on the utility of the program, the number of fellowships to be awarded per year may be revised.
Interested and eligible candidates are required to complete an online application at website. The last date for completing the online application for January 2022 batch is September 30, 2021.
Mode of Selection
- Advertisements are released in National English News Papers, including from North East, in the months of February and August every year: Selection done twice per year.
- Online applications from eligible candidates are submitted at this website.
- Screening of applications is done to short-list applicants for interviews and presentations.
- Short-listed applicants are called for interviews/presentations in Selection committee(s) in May & November. The Interviews are held at IISc, Bangalore.
- Selected applicants are sent offer letters in May/November.
- Date of Joining from July 1/January 1.
- Joining reports are received from candidates, who joined the program.
- Fellowships are released institution wise, with letters to candidates.
- Each fellow would be entitled to a stipend in the range of Rs. 47,000 – 54,000 per month and a research contingency grant of Rs. 50,000 per year, payable to the host institution.
- Candidates who are yet to be awarded the Ph.D./M.D./M.S degree but submitted the thesis, if selected, will be paid Rs. 35,000/- per month till the award of the degree (designation: Senior Research Fellow).
- All RAs, who joined in January or July (January or July Batches), need to send their Progress Reports, UC/ES, and recommendation letters from Mentors, after completion of 1 year.
- Candidate moving from 1st year to 2nd year: Extension for 2nd year done by a committee based on copies of renewal documents.
- 2nd to 3rd year & 3rd to 4th year: Based on the Progress reports received from candidates & presentations in an evaluation committee.
- January batch renewal interview in the next January.
- July batch renewal interview in the month of next July.
- Selected RAs are sent renewal extension letters.
- Fellowships are released institute wise, with letters to candidates.
Click here to view the official notification of DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology & Life Sciences 2021.
You may also be interested in: