Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology established the Department of Biotechnology in the year 1986 to give a new impetus to the development of the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India.
The Department of Biotechnology has introduced the aforesaid program. The Secretary, DBT requested Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore to co-ordinate and administer the implementation of the said program. The Institute is successfully getting it done through the Society for Innovation and Development.
The program is intended only for Indian citizens. The purpose of the fellowship program is to train scientists in frontier areas of research in Biotechnology at such institutions in India which are engaged in major biotechnological research activities.
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or M.D. or M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- Those who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S., thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in case of women candidates.
- Persons already employed are also eligible to apply. However, their applications should be routed through their employers.
Period of Fellowship
The fellowship is awarded for a period of two years. However, in exceptional cases, based on the progress of research, and overall importance of the project of the Fellows, the fellowship may be extended upto 5 years.
- Candidates may submit their application on plain paper along with bio-data, list of publications (attach reprints of 2 important papers), copies of certificates (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D./M.D.), one page synopsis of Ph.D./M.D. thesis, 2 letters of recommendation (academic).
- The applicant is advised to propose his/her place of work, name of the supervisor, enclose one page synopsis of proposed research which must be compatible with the on-going research of the proposed supervisor, and his/her consent, for availing the fellowship.
- They should also enclose a declaration stating that if selected for the fellowship, he/she will complete the tenure of the fellowship.
- Last Date for Application: Oct 6
For any queries, contact
Prof. Arun Kumar