Applications are now open for the David H. Smith Conservation Research Fellowship Program 2021.
The Fellowship provides support for outstanding early-career scientists from around the globe based at a United States institution to improve and expand their research skills while directing their efforts towards problems of pressing conservation concern for the United States.
The purpose of the David H. Smith Conservation Research Fellowship is to create opportunities for leading conservation scientists to strengthen their skills through two years of applied post-doctoral research, supplemented by training programs, peer networking, and field learning experiences; so that they may build productive partnerships with conservation practitioners, and contribute and communicate scientific knowledge to problems of critical importance in conservation.
- Each Fellow will receive an annual salary of $59,000 plus benefits, with the post-doctoral position expected to run for two consecutive years.
- In addition to the stipend, each Fellow receives a travel budget of $8,000 and a research fund of $32,000 over the 2-year fellowship period.
- Fellows will spend up to three weeks per year during their fellowship attending Program-sponsored professional development retreats each year.
- To be eligible individuals must have completed their doctorate within the past five years or by the time the award is made in 2021 (September 2021 latest).
- Applicants who have not yet completed their doctorate must clearly indicate on the application the date the degree is expected.
- The Fellowship funders require that the Fellowship be administered by a U.S. based institution and that the research has relevance to conservation in the U.S. However, U.S. citizenship is not required.
Fellows are selected according to four criteria:
- Professional record,
- Perceived potential for innovation and leadership,
- Commitment to conservation, and
- The strength of their proposal.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Cover letter
- Research Plan
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of reference
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is October 2, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Institute of Current World Affairs Fellowship Program 2021 [Funding Available]: Apply by Dec 15.