The National Law University, Delhi (“University”) through Project 39A is seeking to engage one Consultant Data Scientist on a three (3) month contractual basis, for Project 39A.
The consultant will be responsible for data collection from the e-Courts servers for an empirical study of the implementation of bail at the trial court level in multiple states.
About Project 39A
Project 39A draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our engagement with the criminal justice system in India.
The Project undertakes litigation, research and outreach relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, forensic psychiatry and death penalty (for more information on Project 39A, visit www.project39a.com).
- Data collection from E-Courts websites based on previously identified criteria.
- Presenting the data in a format that can be quantified and analysed.
- Quantifying the data for analysis.
- Technical assistance in the qualitative analysis of a large data set comprising of orders.
Qualifications and skills
- Graduate with a B.E. degree in Information Technology or equivalent degree.
- Full-time work experience of two years or more in data science work.
- Those with prior experience of data collection and analysis from the E-Courts system will be given preference.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be approximately between INR 70,000-80,000/- per month. The duration of the contract currently will be three (3) months.
Depending on the amount of work, the contract may be terminated before the completion of three (3) months or may be extended as desired to a maximum of six (6) months.
How to apply
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of the email should be “Project 39A – Application for Consultant Data Scientist”. Please note that the subject line should be exactly the same as mentioned above else the application may not be accepted.
Deadline: Applications must reach us no later than midnight of July 24, 2020.
Click the below link for the official notification.