The Damodarshree National Award for Academic Excellence Essay Competition is organised by The Saraswat Khatri Pathshala Society and S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Allahabad.
TECHNOLOGY AND HUMAN MINDS
- Last date for submission of paper: 31st August 2018
- Declaration of best short listed candidates: 16th September 2018
- Paper Presentation & Award Ceremony: 2nd October 2018
Rules and regulations
- Eligibility: Students pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate or Doctoral studies in Central Universities and Universities established more than 75 years old, or their constituent/affiliated Colleges, Central Institutes, National Law Colleges, NIT’s, Central / State Medical Colleges, IIIT’s, BIT’s, IIT’s, IIM’s, XLRI are eligible.
- A participant has to present a hard as well as soft copy of 2000 to 3000 words essay in English or Hindi on the topic “Technology And The Human Mind’’by 31st Aug 2018 to damodarshree1923@.gmail.com. Fonts permitted Times New Roman size 13 or Krutidev16 size 16 on A 4 size paper (hard copy). The hard copy of essay along with the self-attested copy of Identity Card of the concerned Institution/University should be sent to the Damodarshree Orgainising Committee, S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, 179-D Attarsuiya, Allahabad-211003 (U.P.)
- Ten best entries will be selected by a panel of judges. The selected participants will be required to present and defend their essay at a function on 2nd Oct 2018 in the premises of S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Allahabad.
- Participants will be given 8 minutes each for their presentation and another 7 minutes for defense. There will also be a panel of judges to decide the winner and runners-up.
- The Traveling expenses of selected 10 candidates by AC-II will be borne by organizers. Hospitality at Allahabad will be taken care of
- All essays and entries received shall be the property of the S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College and can be published in the manner it is so desired.
NOTE: Decision of the judges at the competition shall be final and binding on all the participants.
- The student has NOT TO WRITE his/her name, institutional affiliation, address or any other personal information anywhere in the body of the Essay.
- The above & other identity information should be provided in the prescribed proforma which should accompany with the Essay.
- The matter downloaded or copied from internet or text of others, should be specifically indicated in the essay at appropriate place. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Reproduction of the matter from internet or other should not exceed 20% of the text.
- Preference would be given to papers which reflect original thinking.
- Photo copy of the I-card should be attached with the paper.
- Joint paper shall not be accepted.
- The winner of the competition would be awarded Damodarshree National Awarded for Academic Excellence which will also carry the prize money of ₹2 Lakh.
- The Ist runner-up will receive a prize money of ₹1 Lakh.
- IInd runner-up will receive a prize money of ₹50,000/.
- The best Undergraduate entry will receive a prize money of ₹30,000/- .
- A Special Prize of ₹30,000/- would be awarded at the discretion of the organizers.
For Any Query Contact:
- Dr. Alpana Agrawal: 09415344347, email@example.com
- Mrs. Gunjan Sharma: 09415236504, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Neerja Sachdeva: 09335112555, email@example.com
- Dr. Asha Upadhyaya: 09307973688, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Harish Kumar Singh: 09935615078, email@example.com
- Ms.Meenakshi Srivastava: 08004413850, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms.Sadaf Siddiqui: 07570948909, email@example.com
- Dr.Sippy Singh: 08081403964, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Brochure, click here.
For Proforma and College Details, click here.