Topic: A Beautiful Home
(The topic is more nuanced than this seemingly kiddish ‘a beautiful home‘. Do read the concept note for more).
Rules and regulations:
- Students pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate or Doctoral studies in Central Universities and Universities established more than 75 years old, or their constituent/affiliated Colleges, Central Institutes, National Law Colleges, NIT’s,Central / State Medical Colleges, IIIT’s, BIT’s, IIT’s, IIM’s, XLRI are eligible.
- The Vice Chancellor of all eligible University/Institute or the Directors of IIT’s or National Law Colleges, NIT’s, Central / State Medical Colleges, IIIT’s, BIT’s, IIT’s, IIM’s, XLRI may recommend 03 entries (at least 01 for women candidate), which will be entertained without entry fee.
- The Principal of all constituent/affiliated college of a Central University/ Institutes, may recommend 02 essays, which will be entertained without entry fee.
- Other candidates who are eligible may participate by sending an entry fee of Rs. 100/- directly to the college along with their essay with demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favour of “Damodarshree Organizing Committee” payable at Allahabad.
- A participant has to present a hard as well as soft copy of 2000 to 3000 words essay in English or Hindi on the topic “A Beautiful Home” (सुन्दर घर)by 31st Aug 2017 to damodarshree1923@.gmail.com. Fonts permitted Times New Roman size 13 or Krutidev16 size 16 on A 4 size paper (hard copy). The hard copy should be sent to the Damodarshree Organising Committee, S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, 179-D Attarsuiya, Allahabad-211003 (U.P.)
- Ten best entries will be selected by a panel of judges. The selected participants will be required to present and defend their essay at a function on the 2nd of Oct. in the premises of S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Allahabad.
- Participants will be given 8 minutes each for their presentation and another 7 minutes for defence. There will also be a panel of judges to decide the winner and runners-up.
- The Traveling expenses of selected 10 candidates by AC-II will be borne by organizers. Hospitality at Allahabad will be taken care of
- All essays and entries received shall be the property of the S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College and can be published in the manner it is so desired.
NOTE: Decision of the judges at the competition shall be final and binding on all the participants.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 2 Lakh.
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 1 Lakh.
- 3rd Prize: 50,000/.
- The best Undergraduate entry will receive a prize money of 30,000/- .
- A Special Prize of 30,000/- would be awarded at the discretion of the organisers.
- Last date for submission of paper: 31st August
- Declaration of best short listed candidates: 16th September
- Paper Presentation & Award Ceremony: 2nd October