Research Associates selected under the prestigious Dr K. S. Krishnan Research Associateships (KSKRA) programme are given an opportunity to work on R&D programmes of national importance relevant to the DAE mandate and offers prospects of regular absorption in DAE units.
This year, 10 KSKRAs will be selected in the following broad disciplines e.g. Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Biosciences, and Engineering Sciences with the Areas of Specialization indicated in the table below.
Details of Application Code for KSKRA application:
|Sr No||KSKRA Code (to be mentioned by the applicant)||Area of specialization||Discipline|
|1||KS-17/MG/26/1||Studies of alloys using 3 Dimensional Atom Probe analysis (3DAP)||Physics/Metallurgy/Chemistry|
|2||KS-17/MG/26/2||Phase transformation studies using focused ion beam and transmission electron microscopy||Physics/Metallurgy/Chemistry|
|3||KS-17/RDDG/26/3||Thermal hydraulic analysis; Heat and Mass Transfer formulations||Mechanical|
|4||KS-17/PH/26/4||Astrophysical studies of very high energy (GeV-TeV, VHE band) gamma ray sources||Astrophysics/Physics|
|5||KS-17/PH/26/5||Accelerator physics with hands on experience on accelerator related development activities||Physics/Electrical/Electronics|
|6||KS-17/RCIG/26/6||Speciation and migration of metal ions in geo-sphere including geochemical modeling||Chemistry/Geochemistry/Soil Science|
|7||KS-17/BS/26/7||Food processing and quality assurance||Food Technology/Food Science|
|8||KS-17/BS/26/8||Computational Biology and bio-informatics||Bio-Science|
|9||KS-17/CH/26/9||Pre-clinical screening of anti-cancer drug formulations||Biochemistry/Pharmacology/Zoology|
|10||KS-17/CH/26/10||Bio-fouling in sea water involvement and marine ecology||Marine Biology /Life Sciences|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience:
- For Engineers: Ph.D. degree in Engineering (Those who have submitted thesis for Ph.D. may also apply. However, Ph.D. degree certificate should be submitted within a period of six months of joining as Research Associate) or Master’s degree in Engineering (M.Tech./ M.E./M.S.) with a minimum of 2-year R&D experience after obtaining M.Tech./M.E./M.S. degree.
- For Scientists: Ph.D. degree in Science (Those who have submitted thesis for Ph.D. may also apply. However, Ph.D. degree certificate should be submitted within a period of six months of joining as Research Associate). All candidates with respect to point (i) & (ii) must have minimum 60% marks at both Bachelors and Masters levels.
- DGFS Ph D. candidates are eligible to apply for the above posts and will be called for interview, if found suitable.
- Nationality/ Age: Indian nationals, not more than 32 years age as on 1st January, 2017. The age criterion is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. The SC/ ST/ OBC certificate should be as per the prescribed format. Physically challenged persons are eligible for age relaxation of 5 years.
Others details of selection and appointment:
- After the last date of submission of application, a discipline wise list of applicants will be prepared, and based on their inter se merit, shortlisted candidates will be called for interview at Mumbai.
- Selection will be done by an interview committee from among the short listed candidates based on their qualification, published R&D work and performance in the interview.
- The selected candidates would be appointed as KSKRA for an initial period of one year, which is extendable by one more year based on the performance during the first year. KSKRAs would be paid a monthly stipend of Rs.40,000/- + other benefits.
- Selected candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis but are yet to receive their Ph.D. degree would be designated as Research Associate (RA) and paid Rs. 32,000/- per month.
- Only after submitting the provisional certificate, they would be designated as KSKRA and paid Rs.40,000/- per month. For all other benefits, their date of joining as RA will be treated as the date of joining KSKRA Scheme.
- In addition, an Educational Material Allowance of Rs.10,000/- per year will be paid. Associates will also be eligible for HRA, medical and leave benefits as per Govt. rules during the Associateship.
- Name of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on BARC website i.e. http://barc.gov.in/careers/index.html. Only outstation candidates will be paid III AC train fare or actual fare, whichever is less.
How to apply?
- Candidates are requested to fill the soft copy of application pro-forma, in excel form, without changing its format, (other formats will be rejected), along with all documents as well as all Annexures in a single PDF/ Word file which should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Multiple applications received would be rejected). The soft copy of application and other documents/ annexures are available on website given here.
- Insert one passport size photograph on the top right corner of the application.
- A non-refundable application processing fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) will be charged. For payment of this application fee, the candidate should fill the threefold challan and make the payment in any branch of the State Bank of India. The scanned copy of the challan (only institute copy) should be e-mailed along with the application to email@example.com.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST, dependents of defence service personnel killed in action, persons with physical disability and women candidates are exempted from payment of this fee. Persons with physical disability should produce necessary certificate from Govt. Hospital/Medical Board in support of their claim.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay,Mumbai – 400 085 India
Telephone: +91-22-25505050 / 25592000
Fax:+91-22-25505151 / 25519613
For official notification, syllabus of the course and more details, kindly click here.