The first DAE Computational Chemistry Symposium is being organized by Chemical Engineering Group, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Trombay, Mumbai, India, during November 7-9, 2019.
About the Symposium:
The field of computational chemistry is growing rapidly with the continuing development of computer power, new and robust algorithms, and the availability of scalable software.
Computer simulations provide a direct route to generate macroscopic properties of molecular systems of experimental interest through microscopic information.
The purpose of the symposium is to create a platform for scientist and engineers, especially to the young researchers for effective interaction among those engaged in research in the area of computational chemistry, as it will be attended by eminent scientists and engineers from National Laboratories, Universities and Research Institutes from India.
The scientific programme of the symposium will include Invited Talks by eminent scientists from India.
The following topics would be covered in the symposium:
- Fundamental studies on structures, thermodynamics and transport properties.
- Metal ion and Isotope separation.
- Water purification.
- Reaction mechanism and catalysis.
- Nanomaterials and polymers.
- Hydrogen and other gas storage materials.
- Chemical biology.
- Radiation damage in materials.
- Contributory papers are invited on topics listed in the scope in the form of a one-page manuscript in a specified format.
- The manuscript should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail ID of the corresponding author should be given in the manuscript and presenting author should be underlined.
- Research Students and Post Docs: INR 1000.
- Faculty/Scientist: INR 4000.
- Delegates from Private Industries: INR 8000.
Hostel accommodations on double sharing basis will be provided to students.
- Twin sharing non-AC hostel room for students (per person): Rs. 1000.
- Twin sharing AC double bedded room in our guest house (per person per day): Rs. 1000.
- VIP suit in our guest house(per person per day): Rs. 2500.
Other participants can book single/twin-sharing AC rooms in our guest house. Accommodation requests should be made at daeccs2019[at]barc.gov.in; daeccs2019[at]gmail.com.
Click here for the registration form.
Submission of Abstracts: June 01, 2019.
Final Abstract submission: August 10, 2019.
Acceptance Notification: August 30, 2019.
Registration/Accommodation: September 20, 2019.
Sk. Musharaf Ali, Convener
Telephone: +91-22-2559 1992 (Mob: 9833169561)
Anil Boda, Secretary
Telephone: +91-22-2559 1991 (Mob: 9930210069)
Email : anilboda[at]barc.gov.in