Applications are now open for the DAAD Young Ambassador Program 2020.
You’ve been to Germany for study or research? Did you love it? Want to tell others how great it was? Then become a DAAD Young Ambassador!
DAAD Young Ambassadors are students or young professionals who have studied or carried out research at a university or research institute in Germany (or are still doing that!) and are interested in promoting education in Germany. DAAD Young Ambassadors help inspire others to study in Germany by answering questions from students, organizing their own information events, and volunteering at student fairs and fests.
Through the DAAD Young Ambassadors Programme, selected candidates will be able to:
- keep their ties to Germany alive
- hone their presentation and organizational skills
- make a difference in something they feel strongly about.
As a DAAD Young Ambassador you:
- are expected to organize at least two events about the study and research opportunities in Germany
- should also be willing to take part in activities such as study abroad fairs, information sessions, etc.
- must be willing to respond to email queries
DAAD will give support for events by providing brochures and promotional material etc.
You are an ideal candidate for the DAAD Young Ambassadors Programme if you:
- have studied or carried out research in Germany or are currently studying or researching there
- are a citizen of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal or Sri Lanka
- are below 32 years of age
- are willing to promote studying in Germany on your campus or at your workplace
- can speak enthusiastically about your experiences in Germany in front of others
- are willing and able to attend the Young Ambassadors Training Workshop which will take place online from 2 to 4 September 2020
DAAD Young Ambassadors will be appointed by the DAAD office in New Delhi and will work on an honorary basis. The term lasts for one academic year and may be renewed. Short profiles and photos of the selected DAAD Young Ambassadors will be posted to the official website of DAAD so that interested persons can contact them with questions about study in Germany. Each Young Ambassador will be provided with a dedicated DAAD email Id for the tenure.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the young ambassador’s program need to submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Recent photograph
- Ideas and an open mind
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is August 9, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Program 2020: Applications Open.