Applications are invited for the DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Germany.
About the Scholarship:
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
At present, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience.
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the here.
12 to 36 months (dependent on study program).
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Those candidates who fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills).
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- The candidates must have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Click here for the application procedure.