About the Programme:
The DAAD program targets Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who wish to do an internship at a German higher education institution or at a research institute.
Who can Apply:
- Students from selected Indian higher education institutions (click here for the list) in the fields of engineering, mathematics, and science who are in their fifth or sixth semester of a Bachelor’s program or in their fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth semester of an integrated or dual degree program.
- Students who have been awarded a WISE scholarship previously cannot apply again.
What can be funded:
A research internship at a public or state-recognised higher education institution or a non-university research institute in Germany to work with doctoral students, scientists or professors as part of on-going research projects.
Duration of the funding
2 to 3 months in the period between May and July. Internships of less than two months duration cannot be supported.
- A monthly scholarship of 650 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly installment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 21.70 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of 525 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
- Participation in a meeting of DAAD scholarship holders in Germany
The review of applications and selection process is based upon academic achievements.
Results will be announced by the beginning of February.
For application procedure, please visit the link given here.
Information and advisory centres
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Regional Office New Delhi c/o DLTA Complex, R.K. Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue,
New Delhi 110029. India
Contact person: Ms Amrita Dasgupta Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please visit the official link given here.