The newly formed C3iHub at IIT Kanpur under the National Mission on Cyber-Physical Systems of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, aims to address the issue of cybersecurity of cyber-physical systems in its entirety by analyzing security vulnerabilities and developing tools to address them at various levels of system architecture, to translating these tools to deployment-ready software, to nucleating start-ups developing these tools at scale, to partnering with industries in this domain and to foster co-development and transfer of these technologies.
This solicitation invites proposals that aim at developing methodologies and tools for
- Analysis of security vulnerabilities in any of the above layers in various CPS verticals (Critical Infrastructure, Automotive, UAVs)
- Mitigating systems and software to address these vulnerabilities
- Cryptographic techniques that are light-weight yet sufficiently secure for use in real-time control systems communication
- For 3 years project: Max. 40 lacs
- For 2 years project: Max 20 lacs
The Hub also aims at encouraging active research in the field of cyber-physical systems across the country, and as a step forward in that direction, the Hub is presently seeking two kinds of project proposals (2-year long and 3-year long) from PIs affiliated to well-established institutes in the country.
Each proposal must be accompanied by an endorsement letter from the competent authority of the institute of the PI stating that the PI will be given time, and can use institutional resources to carry out the work proposed.
Proposal Preparation Instruction
The proposal is to be submitted as a pdf file of no more than 14 pages. It should be in Arial font with a font size no less than 11, and the margins on each page should be 1-inch minimum on all 4 sides. Proposals failing to follow the formatting instructions or page limits will be immediately rejected.
- Proposal Title
- Name of PI and Co-PI and their affiliations
- Type of Proposal (2 years or 3 years)
- Budget Total
- Executive summary (no more than 1 page – describing clearly the problem being solved, deliverables, the potential of the solution for industrial application)
- Proposal Body (no more than 8 pages): The problem and its context, the exact formulation of the problem in scientific terms, why the problem needs solving in reference to existing tools and techniques, the methodology (including data collection, data processing, algorithmic methods), the deliverables (in terms of artifacts produced), a clear set of milestones, the timeline for achieving each milestone, a summary of past work of the PI and Co-PI justifying their expertise in tackling the chosen problem, and how the solution will be useful in cybersecurity practice and industry in short term. Also, bibliographic references must fit within these 8 pages. No exceptions on page limits or formatting specifications.
- Yearly break up budget into categories – equipment, manpower, contingency, consumable, travel.
- Maximum 1 page of budget justification with a narrative description of the need for the budget in each category.
- Endorsement letter from the institute.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here. The last date to submit your proposals is February 26, 2021.
Each proposal will go through a plagiarism check and if found any more than 10% of material to be copied from existing resources, the proposal will be immediately rejected.
Chief Industry Relations Officer
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.