About the Organisers
Surana & Surana International Attorneys, established in Chennai in 1971, has been ranked among India’s top law practices since 1998 by leading international and national publications like the Asia Pacific 500, International Financial Law Review, Chambers and Partners, Legal Business, Business Today, Industrial Herald, Industrial Economist, etc.
Lawctopus.com established in 2010 is India’s most trusted website for law students and young lawyers. Lawctopus is today read by more than 200,000 readers a month with its daily email newsletter reaching out to over 65,000 readers.
Surana & Surana and Lawctopus have partnered to organise the “Surana & Surana – Lawctopus CLE Webinar Series on topical issues”.
Topic: Cyber Crime & Compliance in the Era of the ‘Online’
Date and time: May 2 (Saturday) 5 to 6.30 pm
- Challenges and opportunities faced by Industry
- Police’s experience in dealing with cyber crime
- Judicial preparedness in dealing with cyber crime
- What is the law currently and how might it evolve
- Creating cyber lawyers and regulators
- Best recommended legal practices
- Mr. Pavan Duggal, Eminent Cyber Lawyer
- Ms. Aishwarya Vijayaraghavan, Deputy Head, Defence & Cyber Law Practice, Surana and Surana
- Prof. (Dr.) Indranath Gupta, Professor & Dean of Research, JGLS, Sonipat
- Mr. L. Ashok, Founder & CEO, Futurenet Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Dinesh O Bareja, Cyber Security Professional and COO & Founder, Open Security Alliance
The webinar will be:
- 90 -100 minutes long
- conducted on the Zoom platform with appropriate safeguards in place.
- open and free for all.
- The webinars are free and open to attend. However, attendees who wish to opt for a digital conference participation certificate will have to can avail the same by paying Rs. 75 per webinar.
- To avail the certificate, delegates have to complete a short online test on the webinar which will be sent after the webinar is complete. The test must be completed within 48 hours of completion of the webinar.
- Students, faculty, and staff of JGLS, Sonepat, and Symbiosis Law School, Pune are exempted from the certification fee in consideration of their being an esteemed ‘law school partner’ for the webinar series.
The webinars will be recorded and published on Lawctopus’ Learning platform for free access in the future.
To register for the webinar series, please fill the form here.
Students, faculty, and staff of JGLS Sonepat, and Symbiosis Law School, Pune, i.e, our law school partners, should register through their official channels.
Law School Partners
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) is O.P. Jindal Global University’s (JGU) first and oldest school. Within a short span of time, it has distinguished itself as one of the best law schools of India. In 2019, JGU was granted “Autonomy” by the UGC and MHRD, Government of India. Further, JGU has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. In 2020, JGU made history by breaking into the QS World University Rankings. It is ranted 1 Law School in India.
Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS, Pune) stands for excellence in legal education. Since 2007, SLS, Pune has been ranked amongst the top 10 Law Schools in India by major ranking bodies across the country. It has been ranked 7th in the year 2019 amongst participating law schools by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India – National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF).