About the organiser
The School of Management Studies (SMS), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) started functioning in the premises of Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd. (FACT) as a part of Kerala University with Professor Emeritus Padmabhushan Late (Dr.) M. V. Pylee as the Director.
When the University of Cochin was formed in 1971, the School became its integral part.
About the conference
4th Management Development Programme (MDP) on Gamification for Learning and Development.
Gamification as a concept is not necessarily a new one, although the term itself may very well be. The basic premise of gamification is that it uses game mechanics for non-game applications.
It employs the use of game elements to leverage a participant’s sense of challenge, competition, and reward to educate, change attitude or behaviour and inspire action.
Since 2010, over 350 companies have launched major gamification projects. These include consumer brands like MLB, Adobe, NBC, Walgreens, Ford, Southwest, eBay, Panera, and more.
In 2014, more than 70% of Global 2000 organizations have at least one gamified application, driving 50% of all innovation. Gamification is increasing in acceptance in the learning and development sphere.
The objective of gamification in learning and development is to encourage both enjoyment and engagement through the learning experience by capturing the attention of learners and motivating them to continue learning.
The primary objective of this MDP is to provide hands-on experience in using game-design elements and game principles to equip the participants to gamify their learning environments (trainings, workplaces, classrooms etc), thereby enhancing the process of learning and development.
After attending this program, participants will be
- Equipped with 25 proven learning techniques to gamify their learning environments.
- Adept in using Octalysis gamification model and various game elements to enhance learning outputs.
- Employ concepts of gamification to promote active learning experiences.
Date: MAY 15,16,17 – 2019
- A faculty member looking forward to bring excitement in the classroom environment.
- A training professional looking forward to enhance the learning process.
- Corporate Executives/HR managers who want to create an engaging workplace.
- A research scholar wanting to include gamified system for research.
- A professional willing to upgrade and escalate to the new learning.
- An entrepreneur looking for innovative engagement tools for higher profits.
- Anyone with a basic flair for creativity, aggregation and exploration can join in.
School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi- 682022, Kerala.
Registration procedure and fees
Payment can be made by DD / Cheque in Favour of “Gamification SMS ” NEFT
Bank & Branch: SBI, Cochin University Branch, Ernakulam.
Account Name: Gamification SMS
Account Number: 37669297747
IFSC Code: SBIN0070235