Applications are invited from motivated graduates with good academic record from any branch of science. The last date for on-line application submission is June 16, 2017. The session is scheduled to start from August 07, 2017.
About the program:
An Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme (on life sciences and physical sciences; duration approximately 6 years) has been introduced at the Bose Institute, Kolkata, in collaboration with the Calcutta University.
Often, students in their early career develop a tendency to absorb and process a large amount of information at the expense of analytical abilities, critical thinking and effective communication skills. Our program has been designed to address these deficiencies and orient the students towards research.
Areas of specialization: Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology; Molecular & Cellular Biology; Biophysical Chemistry; Computational & Systems Biology
- 65% Marks in Class 10 Board Exam and Class 12 Board Examinations with at least 70% aggregate marks in science subjects (average of Class 10 and 12 Board Exams), and
- More than 60% marks in B.Sc. (Hons.) in any branch of science or B.Tech/BE/MBBS from recognized University / Institution.
Selection: Not more than 15 candidates will be selected based on a written test and interview. Not all candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria may be shortlisted for interview.
Fellowship: During the first two years (M.Sc.) all students will be offered a fellowship of Rs. 12,000.00 per month provided the student secures 60% marks on an average or more and attends at least 75% of the classes in each semester.
- Prospective candidates must first apply online followed by submission of the hard. For any query, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- (General) or Rs 500/- (SC/ST/OBC/women) need to be paid as Bank Draft (payable in Kolkata), to be drawn in favor of BOSE INSTITUTE and submitted along with the hard copy.
- The hard copy of the online application should be mailed to the following address: Prof. Siddhartha Roy Dean of Studies Bose Institute P-1/12 CIT Scheme VIIM Kolkata 700054, West Bengal
- The System will not accept any online application after 17.00 hrs. IST on June 16, 2017.
- All hard copies should reach Bose Institute by June21, 2017. Copies of Certificates/Testimonials need not be attached at the time of online application but should be attached (self-attested) with the hard copy.