About the Award
Promoting excellence and recognising outstanding contributions made by the young CSIR scientists for their work done primarily in India during the last five years preceding the year of the Award.
The Awards are given annually in the following fields:
i) Biological Sciences,
iii)Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
v) Physical Sciences (including instrumentation)
Any scientist, engaged in research work in any of the CSIR laboratories/institutes, who is not more than 35 years of age, as reckoned on 26 September (CSIR Foundation Day) of the preceding year, is eligible for the Award.
Nominee should be a regular Scientist (as per CSRAP Rules) of CSIR system and should have joined the CSIR laboratory on or prior to 26 September of the previous year.
Directors/ Chairperson of Research Councils / Bhatnagar Awardees can propose nominations only of scientists belonging to the CSIR laboratories/ institutes with which they are associated. Each of them can send normally a maximum of two nominations in each discipline.
Information regarding the nominations should be sent as per the prescribed proforma on or before the closing date (as notified every year). The details of the award and prescribed proforma for nomination may be downloaded from website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
- Each nominee is required to make a brief presentation (15 minutes) about his/her research work before the concerned Advisory Committee. This may be followed by 5 minutes question-answer session / discussion.
- No nomination will be considered in absentia.
- The awards are given for outstanding contributions made by the Young CSIR scientists on work done primarily in India.
- The award in a specific discipline may be withheld if no candidate of requisite merit is forthcoming in that year.
- The recommendations of the Advisory Committees are subject to approval by the Governing Body of CSIR.
Each award consists of a citation (signed by the Director General, CSIR and the Vice-President, CSIR), a cash prize of Rs.50000 (Rupees fifty thousand) and a plaque.
Research grant of Rs 25 lakh (Rupees twenty five lakh) over a period of five years, is also given, which is normally to the tune of Rs 5 lakh per annum per CSIR Young Scientist Awardee.
January 31, 2019.
Telephone: (011) 2584 8632 / 2584 1585
Fax: (011) 2584 0887
Dr. Inderpal Singh, Scientist-Incharge Mr. Manish Bhardwaj, Senior Scientist
Tel.: (011) 2584 6777