Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology proposes a training course in Molecular Cloning & Protein Expression to generate human resources that are employment-ready for the requirements of industries and academia.
The program targets students and employees from government labs/ Institutes, Industries, Hospitals, Pathology Laboratories, Universities with a view to train them to be able to establish a set-up for molecular cloning and protein expression at their respective institutes.
Duration of Programme: 4 weeks
M.Sc., B.Tech., B.V.Sc., MBBS (minimum)
- Age group:
21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI rules)
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000
- Principles of Handling of bacterial cell cultures, reagents preparation and equipment usage for cloning.
- Preparation of media for bacterial cell culture and maintenance of the bacterial strains.
- Competent cell preparation for recombinant cloning and protein expression.
- Polymerase chain reaction-Its principles and designing of oligos for the gene of interest.
- Plasmid vector preparation.
- Restriction digestion of the plasmid by restriction enzymes.
For the complete list here.
Features of Training
- 25% theory and 75% practical sessions are per the course curriculum.
- Hand-out information on teaching modules
- Tutorials (personal attention)
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Central facility visits within the laboratory
- Evaluation by assignments and exams
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
- Candidates interested in the above course need to apply online through their Employer/Director/Manager/CEO/Principal/DEAN/HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format by Apr 25.
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007.
- Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided. For any queries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, contact
Skill Development Program,
CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology