The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites nominations for the CSIR Technology Awards 2021.
CSIR Technology Awards’ were instituted in 1990 to encourage multi-disciplinary in-house team efforts and external interaction for technology development, transfer, and commercialization. These awards are in the categories of:
- Life Sciences;
- Physical Sciences including Engineering;
- Innovation (to be awarded to the best innovation that has been patented in any area);
- Business Development and Technology Marketing; and
- Most Significant CSIR Technology of the Five Year Plan Period
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organization in India.
Whilst, the awards in the category (i) to (iv) carry the cash prize of Rs. 2 lakh each, the award for the “Most Significant CSIR Technology of the Five Year Plan Period” has a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh. The prize money is to be shared among the Nominated team members. In case the prize awarded to joint winners, both receive the cash prize in full.
In addition, the Winner will also receive a Trophy and a Citation. As the Most SignificantCSIR Technology of the Five Year Plan Period was awarded in 2020, nominations for this category will not be included for CTA 2021. The nominations for first 4 categories of CSIR Technology Awards will be considered and the winner(s) will be announced/ selected for presentation on September 26, 2021, CSIR Foundation Day.
The criteria for the awards in Life Sciences and Physical Sciences including Engineering shall be the visible and sustained impact of a high order on the industrial/ economic/ societal activity, high scientific content, innovative character, global novelty, and competitiveness of the technological development(s). Technology Award for Innovation will be given to the best innovation that was patented in any area.
Technology Award for Business Development and Technology Marketing is for making significant contributions for enhancing the business of CSIR knowledgebase and will be given for the new business & marketing initiatives, strategies evolved and implemented, the quantum of business generated and realized. In addition, weightage will be given to the applications that are well-articulated and structured.
Call for Nominations
- To download the nomination form, click here.
- Nominations under the following formats are invited from Directors, Director Level Scientists, and RC Chairmen of CSIR laboratories.
- The last date of receiving the nomination, both in offline/ online mode is May 31, 2021.
- A technological achievement may be nominated for consideration of the Award a maximum of three times.
- A nominator for the award should not himself be the member of the group nominated for the award.
- The nominations should be accompanied by supporting documents in respect of claims made in the nomination.
- Only those nominations meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted for the consideration of the Award Selection Committee.
For full notification, click the link below.