Applications are invited from CSIR institutes for the award of Raman Research Fellowships for the year 2018-2019. The Raman Research Fellowships are granted to the CSIR researchers for carrying out research in the emerging / high priority technology areas. It is tenable at foreign institutions / R&D Centres of Excellence. The entire cost is met by CSIR HQs.
Regular Scientists of CSIR with high academic qualifications (Postgraduate in Engineering and PhD in Engineering) and research experience, presently working in high priority areas, (FTT / Mission mode projects / NIMITLI projects / major programmes of Institute) who have completed minimum 5 years of service in CSIR on the last date for receipt of the applications.
Fellowship should not be sought for training or to carry out tests, etc. using facilities in the host institute.The candidate should not be more than 45 years of age as on May 8, 2018.
Applied research topics in the high priority technology areas of the Laboratory/CSIR and also any specific area under Basic Science of relevance and immediate importance.
Financial Terms :
- International airfare to & fro by cheapest Economy class
- Fellowship @ US $ 2500/- per month
- US$1000/- lump sum towards contingency and preparatory expenses
- US$1000/- Supplementary grant for participation in Conferences/visiting institutions of excellence in the country of placement
Mode of Selection:
- Through interview by a duly constituted Selection Committee to be constituted by the DG CSIR.
- The candidate must furnish at the time of the interview, letter of acceptance from the host-institution duly approved by the Director of the Institutes indicating the specific study work to be carried out abroad.
- The candidate can make Powerpoint presentation (up to 5 slides) for 7 minutes, first four minutes for the present research activities and remaining 3 minutes for the proposed research work.
How to Apply :
Click here to fill the application form and to view annexures.
The candidates are required to submit 6 (six) copies of their application form. In addition, an electronic copy of the nomination summary as per Annexure-III may be sent to the undersigned (email@example.com).
The exact date and time of the interview will be intimated to all the eligible candidates about one month in advance.
The last date for receipt of the duly filled in applications is May 8, 2018.
Kamlesh Rani, Tel: 91-11-23736212,23316742