The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India is inviting submissions from School Children for its Innovation Award 2021.
CIASC (CSIR Innovation Award for School Children) is an annual national competition to harness the creative and innovative spirit of school children. The competition has been started in the year 2002 on the occasion of the World Intellectual Property Day which is celebrated throughout the world on 26th April. CSIR invites students to send their original creative technological and design ideas in the form of proposal for the competition. The main theme of the submissions shall be ‘A Novel Scientific and Technological Concept/Idea/Design/Solution to Existing Societal Problems’.
- Any Indian School going student up to class 12
- Below 18 years of age as on Jan 1, 2021
Prizes and Cash Awards
There are in all 15 prizes. Besides a certificate, the cash awards are:
- First Prize (1 Nos.) Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Second Prize (2 Nos.) Rs. 50,000/- each
- Third Prize (3 Nos.) Rs. 30,000/- each
- Fourth Prize (4 Nos.) Rs. 20,000/- each
- Fifth Prize (5.) Rs. 10,000/- each
It is not mandatory that all the above 15 prizes for the award would be given.
How to Apply?
- Applications should be submitted by hard copy through Registered Post/Courier to: Head, CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit, NISCAIR Building, 14 Satsang Vihar Marg, Special Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110 067 with the envelope marked on top left hand corner ‘CIASC- 2021’.
- It may please be noted that a hard copy of all applications should be submitted through post with authentication letter (with seal and date) from the School Principal on the innovation claims being made.
- Proposal must reach IPU, CSIR before May 31, 2021. Applications received on or before May 31, 2021 will be considered for the Award.
- CSIR Innovation Award for School Children-2021 participants can submit their entries through email ID: ciasc.ipu[at]niscair.res.in also. Scanned copy of authentication certificate (having seal and date) issued by the Principal / Head of the School where the student is enrolled is necessary with proposal. In absence of the same, your school principal may please forward the entries to email ID :- ciasc.ipu[at]niscair.res.in.
- The Award will be announced on or before September 31, 2021, at New Delhi and would be communicated to the Awardees only. The awards will be given to winners on CSIR Foundation Day i.e. 26th September, 2021. The cost of travel and stay at New Delhi will be borne by CSIR.
May 31, 2021
For further information, click on the link below:
For more such opportunities, check here: