CSIR-IIIM Jammu Training Program [Dec 2019/Jan 2020]: Apply by Nov 25
CSIR-IIIM Training Program December 2019 /January 2020 session. Selected trainees will have to work under the supervision of IIIM Scientist/Technical Officer who will mentor him/her during their stay at IIIM, Jammu.
Each student is supposed to work on a project under the guidance of the Supervisor. On completion of the program, the trainee will have to submit a ‘Project Report’ of the work done. Trainees shall have no claim on the publications and IPR arising out of their work at IIIM, Jammu.
- Students who are currently pursuing a Master’s program (M.Sc./M.Pharma/M. Tech) or B. Tech/B. Pharma. (4 years) program or Integrated B. Tech – M. Tech/ M. Pharma (5 years) program are eligible to apply.
- Student who will complete their 2nd year of Masters Degree or 8th Semester of B. Tech. or 10th Semester of Five years Integrated B. Tech – M. Tech program are not eligible to apply.
- Trainees will be admitted from Masters Degree/B. Pharma/B.Tech in Chemical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Product Chemistry and Bioorganic Chemistry and allied areas), Biosciences (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Fermentation Technology, and allied areas).
- Preference will be given to students of Masters Degree students interested in 6 months/one-year training duration. Few trainees from engineering/B. Pharma stream (4 years professional Degree) will be accepted for a shorter duration (Duration not less than 60 days).
The number of trainees’ intake varies between 40 – 50 candidates for December/January session and mainly depends upon the availability of bench space in various laboratories of CSIR-IIIM.
Selected candidates will have to join training on or after 1 st December 2019.
The training fee will be payable at the admission as under:
- One year duration Rs. 60,000/- +18% GST
- Six Month duration of Rs. 30,000/- +18% GST
- Two months duration (For B.E/B. Tech only) Rs.10,000/- +18% GST
How to Apply
Prospective trainees interested in applying for the training Program (December 2019 /January 2020) must submit an application here by or before 25th November 2019, 5:00 PM.
Documents required to be attached along with the Application form are as under.
- Completed Application Form
- Marks Card and Diploma/Degree Certificate of 12th Standard and Graduation
- Marks Card of semesters cleared till April 2019.
- Forwarding Letter from HoD/Registrar/Principal (in Original).
Photocopy will not be accepted. The select list will be displayed on the CSIR-IIIM website on 29th November 2019. (Separate letter would not be sent to selected candidates, applicants are advised to visit CSIR-IIIM, the website regularly for update).
Prospective trainees must submit a hard copy of the applications along with requisite documents personally or through the post. An incomplete application will be rejected without any notice.
Selection process Major selection criteria will be as under
1. Nation-wide representation
2. Preference shall be given to students of Universities/Institutes.
a) IIIM Jammu has MoU.
b) Students from public-funded Institutes.
3. Academic Record of 12th class, graduation and semesters cleared at masters level. 4 A few seats are reserved for the children of CSIR-IIIM employees.
Financial Support /Boarding/Lodging
CSIR-IIIM will not provide any financial support and boarding/lodging.
All the selected candidates are required to self-finance their stay at CSIR-IIIM Jammu. The candidates are expected to make their own arrangements for stay in Jammu during the training period, though CSIR-IIIM may consider specific requests only from outstation students, especially girl students for shared accommodation in CSIR-IIIM housing facility depending upon the availability of the accommodation.
- Last date of applications on https://training.iiim.res.in 25th November 2019.
- Uploading of the select list on IIIM, Jammu website 29th November 2019 (Please note that no separate letter would be sent from IIIM to the selected candidates)
- Date of join IIIM on or after 1st December 2019
For official notification click here
About the Author
I'm a 20-year-old boy with endless entrepreneurial ideas. I believe that one day, the world will remember me for something good. Currently founder at Law Exam Today & Project Sankalp. I believe in turning failures into success.