CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI), Kolkata is inviting students to participate in ongoing applied and technology-oriented projects and obtain practical research training experience in the fields of Specialty Glass and Advanced Ceramic Technology.
6-8 weeks during summer vacation.
15 May 2020 -14 July 2020.
- The student must be pursuing Engineering (3rd/4th year B.Tech., 1st Year M.Tech.,) or 2nd Year M. Sc. in a recognized University/ Institute /College in the relevant area.
- He/She should have secured at least 60% marks throughout his/her academic career (from High School onwards). Self-certified copies of academic records of the applicant mentioning the percentage of marks obtained in different examinations from Madhyamik/School Final onwards must be submitted; the name of the college/university/institute must be mentioned.
- The student must have an adequate theoretical background (through regular coursework) in a relevant area.
- Students of 1st year or 2nd-year B.Tech., are NOT eligible for this programme.
No stipend will be provided for the Internship.
Training Fees & Accommodation
- There are no fees or tuition costs associated with participation in the summer training/project work.
- No Fellowship will be provided by CSIR-CGCRI for the period of Internship.
- Kolkata-based students will not be provided accommodation, even if selected. Limited provision for accommodation may be available ONLY for outstation candidates on payment basis. Food is on payment basis.
- The training period will be 6 weeks (minimum) to 8 weeks (maximum).
How to Apply
The envelope containing the application (and all supporting documents) must be sent by post only (no soft copies) to Dr Sukanya Dutta Coordinator, Summer Training Programme, (Room 228A) CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute 196, Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Kolkata- 700032.
March 31, 2020.