CBSE in collaboration with NCERT is organizing a creative writing competition to celebrate the 400th Birth Anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji.
Levels of Competition
- School Level
- Regional Level
- National Level
Competition at School Level (To be organized by individual School)
- The schools shall themselves conduct the competition in an online mode from 24th June to 19th July 2021 as per the following the details:
- For Students of Classes VI-VIII: Paragraph (100–150 words), Essay (400 – 500 words) and Poem. Theme- Childhood of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, Transformation of Tyag Mal to Tegh Bahadur
- For Students of Classes IX-X: Paragraph (150-200 words), Essay (500- 700 words) and Poem. Theme- Life of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, Establishment of Anandpur Sahib
- For Students of Classes XI-XII: Paragraph(200-250 words), Essay(700 – 1000 words) and Poem. Theme- Journeys of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji (Punjab and other regions), Teachings of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji
- The students can choose any one theme and one writing form.
- The Paragraph/Essay/Poem can be submitted in HindiorEnglish language.
- Schools shall complete the evaluation of entries by 24th July 2021 and shortlist one entry per category per writing form for onward submission to CBSE.
- Selected entries should be submitted online at the link from 24th July to 30th July 2021.
Competition at Regional Level (To be organized by CBSE)
- The students who have been selected by the schools will participate at regional level in the month of September 2021.
- Topic/Theme will be given by CBSE from the life and times of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji.
- The competition will be held in all the above three mentioned categories and in all the writing forms (Paragraph, Essay, Poem) as mentioned above.
- All the participants will be give an e-Certificate by CBSE.
- The Board will forward the top 200 participants (inclusive of all categories and writing forms)from each CBSE Region to NCERT for the National Level Competition.
Competition at National Level (To be conducted by NCERT)
- The National Level competition will be organised by NCERT in collaboration with SCERTs through MyGov Platform from 1st January to 28th February 2022.
- Awards will be declared by NCERT.
You may also be interested in: