The Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC) through the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the Government of India has set up the “Swachh Bharat Unnat Bharat” Waste to Wealth Mission to identify technology solutions for India’s waste challenges.
The mission invites technology applications from startups, corporates and entrepreneurs from research institutions to address the challenge of safe collection, disposal/ treatment of large volumes of waste being generated during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic which includes the use of masks, gloves, and PPEs by not only frontline workers and airports and railway stations but also by household community individuals such as sanitary municipal workers, barbers, the food business and the general population.
Solutions invited are aimed to address the Covid-19 related biomedical waste including used gloves, masks, PPEs from airports, railway stations, sanitary workers, municipal workers, commercial and home use. Solutions may include:
- Standalone waste disposal units which convert the waste to energy. Standalone units should use this energy generated for its operation
- It should be possible to install these standalone units in housing complexes, markets, etc.
- The prototype should be collection cum disposable unit in one
- Any other suitable method for waste treatment
- Indian industry, startups, entrepreneurs, and research institutions.
- Innovations & solutions which can be deployed immediately are eligible.
- Fiscal Incentives: Selected applicants will be provided with suitable fiscal support to demonstrate their prototype.
- Non-Fiscal Incentives: Scale-up of successful prototypes will be facilitated by means of providing further fiscal and logistic support, as the case may be.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can submit their applications online by clicking here.
Email ID: SBUB@investindia.org.in
For official notification, click here.