About the Programme
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in unprecedented challenges for India, with wide ranging consequences for health and wellbeing. Azim Premji University invites rigorous, focused proposals for research on COVID-19 in the Indian context.
The University seek proposals that will provide focused, concrete results and insights to directly inform the design of actions, and responses in the near-term. Successful proposals will provide transferrable insights into actions and impacts, as well as into the processes and best-practices that have proved useful in responding to the crisis. Purely clinical or medical studies are outside the scope of this research funding.
- Studies on effectiveness of various processes and interventions in reducing fatality
- Studies of Asha workers, Anganwadi workers, ANMs, and other frontline health workers
- Studies on the public health system
- Role of community in delivery of health services during the COVID-19 crisis
- Barriers and approaches to scaling up of action
- Efforts to provide universal protection
- Role of technology and data analysis
Interested applicants should submit their proposal online and upload documents mentioned below as a single pdf file:
- Proposal of not more than 3 pages
- Budget breakdown
- Anticipated timeline
- CV of all investigators
|Last date for submission of proposal||Sept 5, 2020|
|Announcement of award of funding||Sept 19, 2020|
|Projects start date||Oct 1, 2020|
|Submission of project report||Dec 31, 2020|
Funding ranging from INR 5-20 lakhs, with an outer time limit of 3 months.