About the Program
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) Announce COVID-19 Research Consortium and seek Letter of Intent (LoI) with a focus on Diagnostics, Vaccines, Novel Therapeutics, Repurposing of Drugs or any other intervention for control of COVID-19.
The theme of the current RFP is: Developing Diagnostics, Vaccines, novel Therapeutics, repurposing of drugs and any other intervention for control of COVID-19 outbreak”. Projects submitted must take into account the criteria for affordability, wide-spread adoption and have a realistic possibility for scale-up. The scope of the RFP is inclusive of and not exhaustive of the following areas:
- Novel Therapeutics
- Repurposing of Drugs
- Any other
Key requirements for the proposed technologies/ products that will be considered:
- Developed process should be sustainable from an economic and environmental point of view
- The technology should be scalable
Examples of areas that will not be considered:
- Proposals not related to SARS-CoV-2
- Projects not having product development component
- The proposed concept not having commercialization potential
- The grant is not a research fellowship.
The proposals can be submitted by:
- Company (Start-up, Small, Medium or Large) incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 having a minimum of 51% of the shares of the Company to be held by Indian Citizens (Indian passport holders).
- Limited liability Partnership (LLP) incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 having a minimum half of the persons who have subscribed their names to the LLP document as its Partners should be Indian citizens (NOTE: The applicant Company/LLP should have adequate in-house facility to address the project implementation (which shall be evaluated during the proposal evaluation) or incubated with any of the recognized incubation facility. DSIR certificate is not mandatory).
- Academia (Public or Private Research Institute, University) having a well-established support system for research. The institute should have been established in India and have NAAC/ UGC/ AICTE or any equivalent recognition certificate or any other Public/Government supported organization
- Non-academic Individuals (NAI)
- Funding Support: Grant‐in‐aid assistance will depend on the proposed activities.
- Duration: Project duration can be up to 24 months (encouraged to develop the solution in 6-12 months wherever possible)
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can register and submit through this link.
March 30, 2020
Dr Artee, Manager-Investment