About the Challenge
The IIED Centre at the National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, in partnership with Kashmir-based entrepreneurs and researchers, is pleased to announce the launch of the COVID-19 Open Innovation Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to develop quick, innovative solutions to address the impacts of COVID-19.
Proposed innovations and creative solutions will be shared with all governmental and non-governmental organisations engaged in the challenge. Winning submissions in Stage-1 will receive Rs 1 Lakh cash, a certificate and all necessary incubation facilities. All ideas will be evaluated based on clarity, inventiveness, practicability and impact.
- Innovative Quick Screening
- Rapid Testing Kits
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Designing supplies or devices (Eg: face shields, masks, and low cost frugal ventilators)
- Innovative ways/ channels for the supply and distribution of essentials items
- Efficient handling/ transportation and management of COVID-19 patients
- Overcoming social stigma associated with COVID-19.
This is open to all residents of Jammu & Kashmir
- Challenge launch: 5th April 2020
- Last date of participation: 15 March 2020
Prof Saad Parvez