The outcome of human activities and its growth is the generation of different kinds of waste. Urban and rural areas of India produce so much garbage daily and suffering from many types of pollutions which are increasing very fast in terms of area and environment. To address the above issues, NIT Durgapur is conducting a 5-day workshop on waste to wealth: The current scenario and sustainable technology.
the word Green which is used now in places of utmost importance to the recovery of useful materials and leading to zero waste in the limit. Through this concept, it may treat and safely disposing of waste and it is possible to prevent pollution and ecological degradation.
The proposed short term TEQIP III sponsored courses will be devoted to reviewing the recent advances and the new research and development initiatives in these directions. Special emphasis will be laid on the Indian scenarios and policies.
- Waste – Characteristics, Types, and Generation
- Solid Waste management- Creation of Resource
- Recent Trends in Composting
- Recycling and reuse- Plastics, Metals, and Other Useful Materials
- Waste to Energy- The Recent Advances
- The transition from the Wastewater Treatment plant to Water resource Recovery Facility
- Sustainability of Waste to Wealth Technologies
- Categorization of industrial Waste- reuse and disposal
- E-waste management
- Policies in Waste Management
Resource persons will include IIT Kharagpur, Jadavpur University, N.I.T. Durgapur and experts and professionals from SAIL and other relevant industries.
- Persons from Industry: Rs. 5000/-
- Persons from Academia and R & D organization: Rs. 3000/-
- Student: Rs. 1000/-
Registration Fee includes Kit, Tea, Snacks. Accommodation and travel expenses should be borne by the participants. Participants can also arrange their own accommodation outside the campus. No TA/DA will be paid to the participants by the institute.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested send the filled in application form to Coordinator WTW-2020, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur- 713209, West Bengal.
- The last date to register is January 16, 2020.
Phone Number: +919434789041
Email ID: email@example.com