Vacuum Technology has diverse applications in various areas of science and Engineering. These include major fields like Electronics, Metallurgy/ Chemical Processing, Food Processing, Space Simulation, Nuclear Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Cryogenic engineering. This has resulted in the rapid development of many sophisticated vacuum instruments, pushing the range of vacuum to 10-12 Torr.
To keep pace with this advancement in vacuum technology, it is absolutely necessary for the
engineers/scientists/teachers of our country to get first-hand exposure to the modern vacuum equipment and their applications. The training method consists of lecture
sessions, laboratory experiments and discussions on process vacuum systems for various
- Introduction to basic concepts of vacuum.
- Application of vacuum in different processes (Metallurgical, electronic, chemical, electrical, space, nuclear, pharmaceutical, food, and cryogenics).
- Production of the medium and high vacuum by Rotary, Piston, Roots, Diffusion, steam jet ejectors, Water-ring, Dry membrane, Sorption, screw, claw, and scroll pumps their pumping characteristics.
- Ultra-high vacuum pumps and their umping characteristics, Handling and maintenance of Turbo-molecular, Ion and Cryo-pumps.
- Pressure measurement in vacuum systems using different primary and secondary gauges. Calibration/ maintenance of vacuum gauges.
All practicing engineers/technicians working in private, public, government organizations/ industries; scientists/engineers from R&D establishments, college teachers and students are eligible to apply for participation. Certificates will be issued to all the registered participants on attending the complete course.
Participants are required to pay (Rs. 30,000/- +18% GST on Rs. 30,000/-) = Rs. 35,400/- per participant as the registration fee for this two-week course.
To register online, click here.
Last date for receipt of application: October 10, 2019
Start of Course: October 14, 2019
End of Course: December 23, 2019
Phone Number: +91 – 3222 – 281445
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org