Course on Using Learning Outcomes in School Education at Azim Premji University, Bangalore [April 6-10]: Register by March 6
About the Organiser
Azim Premji University was established as a not-for-profit, private university under the Azim Premji University Act 2010. The University has a clear social purpose of working towards a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
About the Course
The Course on Using Learning Outcomes in School Education: A Practical Approach is organised by Azim Premji University, Bangalore from April 6-10, 2020 for teachers & teacher educators.
In a move towards outcome-based education, there is a stronger focus on learning outcomes in quality assurance with respect to both teaching and students learning. Learning outcomes describes what the students will know, understand and be able to do at the end of an academic year.
They are very critical for determining the teaching methodologies, learning activities and assessment schemes for the successful transaction of the concepts in each subject. Therefore, an in-depth understanding of the characteristics, benefits and challenges in transacting learning outcomes becomes crucial for practitioners in education.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Familiarize with the meaning of learning outcomes, its characteristics and distribution across school subjects.
- Explore the inter-linkages between learning outcomes, school curriculum and stage-specific objectives across subjects.
- Design pedagogical processes and assessments in alignment with learning outcomes.
Who should Attend?
The course is designed for teachers and teacher educators teaching in various government, government-aided and private schools/ institutions.
This course is for teachers and teacher educators who are currently working. All applicants must possess a working knowledge of English. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications
Certificate of Participation
The participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation on successful completion of this course.
- The total course fee is Rs. 5310/- (including GST). The course fee includes tuition, course materials, and lunch on course days. Fee waivers are available for teachers/ teacher educators from government schools/ institutions and field practice partners of Azim Premji University.
- All other costs, such as travel to and from Bangalore, local travel, stay, breakfast and dinner, must be borne by participants.
How to Apply?
To apply, complete the form available here.
March 6, 2020
For more details, click here.
About the Author