Course on Urban Housing & Resettlement at Anna University, TN [Dec 9-13]: Registrations Open
The course combines different learning and teaching methodologies from participatory lectures to group work, ﬁeld visits and exposure to international experts in the subject matter of Governance of the housing sector and housing right and Link between housing policies, gender, and livelihood theory Resettlement theory and practice.
The main objective of the course is to critically reﬂect on the impact resettlement projects have on the livelihood of women. The course concludes with the presentation of the research proposals envisioned by participants based on inputs of the course, conference, and workshop.
- Understanding the implications of housing as a human right Understanding the meaning of adequate housing.
- Understanding how housing policies impact the livelihood of people, in particular, the poor and women.
- Understanding how resettlement projects impact the lives of the poor and women.
- Understand and apply the principles of adequate housing (i.e availability, accessibility, affordability, acceptability, and adaptability) to resettlement sites and projects.
- Additionally, to the above learning objectives, the course provides an introduction to research methodologies and research ethics, as well as an explanation of what is Participatory Action Research (PAR) and how to conduct it.
- Current trends in housing policies and the principles of adequate housing
- Gender and Intra-Household Dynamics
- Housing Rights
- Resettlement guidelines, models, scale and impact
- The livelihood framework
- Resettlement cases from Chennai including the gender impact of settlement
- Research methodologies and Research ethics
Lectures, conference, seminar, case study analysis, exercises, and excursions
Who can Attend?
UG/PG Students from the following disciplines can apply water resources, environment, architecture, IT and media sciences.
- Interested candidates can download the registration form by clicking here.
- Candidates are requested to send in ﬁlled registration form to Dr. Sunitha Don Bosco & Dr. C. Velayutham Course & SPARC Coordinators, Anna University.
Phone Number: +91 984 159 4738
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author