IIT Kharagpur is conducting a short term course on Stem Cells, Materials & Tissue Engineering which will be highly beneficial for students from medical, engineering and other backgrounds.
The objectives of the short term course are to Expose participants to the fundamentals of Regenerative Medicine and its tools and direct participants to the latest developments in Regenerative Medicine. The course will help participants to understand the molecular interactions of stem cells and biomaterials and provide them with information on the experimental methods and tools.
- Introduction to Regenerative Medicine: Basic concepts, use of materials in tissue modulation. Skeletal tissue engineering as a model to learn RegMed practices.
- Biomaterials: Definition; types; tissue-material integration; implant tissue interactions; biocompatibility; blood compatibility; bio-activity/ inertness;Definition; types; tissue-material integration; implant tissue interactions; biocompatibility; blood compatibility; bio-activity/ inertness;
- Discovering tools and techniques involved in Regenerative Medicine: Cell culture: tools and techniques; setting up a cell culture facility – considerations, challenges, and troubleshooting.
- Stem cells: Embryonic, adult and iPSCs; importance and uses; ethical concerns; clinical practices; stem cell technology; mesenchymal stem cell (MSC): sources of MSCs.
- Tissue Engineering for Bone Regeneration: Biomimics – construction strategies, scaffold design, and cell sources. Role of biomaterials in skeletal tissue engineering.
Who can Attend?
- Executives, engineers, and researchers from manufacturing, service and government organizations including R&D laboratories.
- Students at all levels (BTech/MBBS/MSc/MTech/MD/MS/PhD) or Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions.
- Clinicians and Dental surgeons with an interest in Regenerative Medicine.
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
- Participants from abroad: US $500/-
- Industry / Research Organisations: Rs.10,000/-
- Faculty members, Post-docs, Research Associates and Assistants: Rs.6000/-
- Research Scholars / Students : NIL
The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, laboratory equipment usage charges. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
Phone Number: 03222-283580
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org