The statistical tools play an important role in the engineering, management, humanities and all allied sciences. Recent advancements in application-oriented sciences is compelling the researchers and users for learning and understanding the statistical tools for modeling and analysis of the data arising from their experiments.
Realizing the need of the time, the present workshop is aiming to give lectures and training on statistical modeling. The participants will be exposed to the statistical basics, background, and fundamentals behind the modeling. They will also be trained and taught, how to do apply such models through statistical software (R) and how to interpret the outcomes.
- Introduction and need for statistical tools,
- data collection,
- preparation and reporting,
- basic statistical tools,
- estimation and testing of hypotheses,
- linear regression modeling,
- correlation analysis,
- exposure to time series analysis,
- data problem solving,
- analysis of data,
- software training.
Who should Attend?
Engineering / Science / Management/ Humanities Students, Researchers, Teachers, Management professionals in R&D, Professional and Practicing Engineers, Scientists in R&D Labs.
Faculty members of NIT, Hamirpur, experts from premier institutes like IITs, NITs, ISI, and from central universities will deliver lectures, followed by interactive sessions on the subjects.
- Participants from Academia/R&D Labs: Rs. 2,000/-
- Participants from Industry: Rs. 4,000/-
- Students: Rs. 1000/-
Registration is compulsory for all the delegates. The registration fee includes boarding & lodging, breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshment and workshop kit.
- The filled-in Registration Form should be sent to the Coordinator at the following address: Dr. Abhishek Singh Department of Mathematics & Scientific Computing National Institute of Technology Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh – 177005.
- To download the application form, click here.
- A maximum of 40 participants will be considered for this training program. The application will be accepted on a first-cum-first serve basis. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops and sample data if they have any.
Phone Number: (01972) 254101
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org