Course on SQL for Data Science by University of California [Online Classes]: Enroll Now!
About the Course
This course is designed to give you a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data so that you can begin analyzing it for data science purposes. You will begin to ask the right questions and come up with good answers to deliver valuable insights for your organization. This course starts with the basics and assumes you do not have any knowledge or skills in SQL. It will build on that foundation and gradually have you write both simple and complex queries to help you select data from tables. You’ll start to work with different types of data like strings and numbers and discuss methods to filter and pare down your results.
You will create new tables and be able to move data into them. You will learn common operators and how to combine the data. You will use case statements and concepts like data governance and profiling. You will discuss topics on data, and practice using real-world programming assignments. You will interpret the structure, meaning, and relationships in source data and use SQL as a professional to shape your data for targeted analysis purposes.
What you will Learn?
- Identify a subset of data needed from a column or set of columns and write a SQL query to limit to those results.
- Use SQL commands to filter, sort, and summarize data.
- Create an analysis table from multiple queries using the UNION operator.
- Manipulate strings, dates, & numeric data using functions to integrate data from different sources into fields with the correct format for analysis.
- Getting Started and Selecting & Retrieving Data with SQL
- Filtering, Sorting, and Calculating Data with SQL
- Subqueries and Joins in SQL
- Modifying and Analyzing Data with SQL
Sadie St. Lawrence AI Strategy Consultant for Accenture Applied Intelligence Founder and CEO Women in Data (WID)
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.
About the Author