SVNIT Surat is organizing a GIAN Course on Spatial Analysis for Water Resource Modelling and Management from December 7 to 11, 2020. The workshop will aid in capacity building, technology transfer, and knowledge building.
The workshop will promote understanding of spatial hydrological modeling related to flood analysis, and how this complex interaction between different components of water resource systems that can also have social, economic, political, and environmental implications.
- Develop education materials and train students and researchers to improve understanding of the effects of climate variability and human activities on water resources availability and spatial hydrological modeling.
- A critical need is to educate researchers and graduate students with emerging tools and approaches for high resolution spatial hydrologic variable estimations and observations to support hydrological modeling and water resources management.
- Develop and document region-specific strategies for the management of the current and future water resources through hydrological modeling to avoid chances of forthcoming drought and flood.
- Also, understanding of long-term climate change scenarios and their impact on water resources in the region.
- Spatial hydrology and analysis of hydro-climatic data, Extreme Precipitation, and Floods.
- Spatial and statistical analysis of Floods, Hydrologic design under changing climate.
- Climate change and variability influences on hydrologic extremes, Flood forecasting approaches for Real-time applications
- Modeling and managing water in the future, Flood warning systems, and forecasting model.
- Ensemble Streamflow Forecasting, Flood Warning Systems.
Professionals working in the field of Water Resources Dept., Civil Engineering, and government organizations including R&D laboratories and students (B. Tech / M. Sc / M. Tech/ Ph.D.) or faculty in the field of Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering are invited to apply.
- Participants from abroad: US $500
- Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs 10000
- Academic Institutions: Rs 5000 (Faculty) and Rs 2000 (Student)
The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments. The participants will be provided with accommodation on a payment basis(subject to the availability in the hostels/guest house at SVNIT Surat).
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
After the mandatory web registration, participants should share the registration details with the course coordinator by email (email@example.com). The shortlisted participants will be informed by email to register for the course by making full payment of the course registration fee.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Deep Learning & its Applications by IIT Roorkee [May 4-13]: Register by May 1.