The School of Electrical Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhubaneswar is organizing an Online Course on Software-Defined Networks & its Applications from June 22 to July 2, 2021.
The course will highlight the existing performance and security challenges in SDN across various domains and the potential solutions for those challenges. In addition, the course will cover practical sessions on simulating existing controller’s functions and analyzing performance with heterogeneous topology and case studies in different applications.
IIT Bhubaneswar, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 came into existence on 22nd July 2008. The Institute strives to offer the best engineering education with unmatched novelties in the curriculum.
The Topics to be broadly covered are:
- Introduction to Software-defined Networks (SDN)
- Traffic Management & Load Balancing
- Network Function Virtualization, Distributed Controller Design and Controller Placement
- Security Challenges in SDN
- Applications of SDN and Case Studies
- SDN for Cloud Computing and IOT application
Who can Attend?
You should attend if:
- You are a Computer Scientist or Electronic Engineer interested in developing tools and solutions for future generation data and communication networks.
- You are a faculty from academic institutions interested in Software-defined Networks and their real-life implications.
There is no course fee for the first 30 participants (holding faculty position) from AICTE approved engineering colleges. The selection is on first-come-first-serve basis.
After the first 30 participants, a participation fee of Rs. 1000 + 18% GST is applicable for the Industry/ Research Organizations, Faculties/ Officials and Rs. 500 + 18% GST for the research scholars/ students.
To download the registration form, click here.
Participants are requested to send online payment proof along with their application form at firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to register is June 15, 2021.
You might also be interested in: