About the Course
Do you have a song in your heart that you want to share it with others? In the Singer/Songwriter specialization, you will learn all the skills you need to write, perform, and record your own original music. You’ll begin by learning how to play the guitar to accompany yourself in Guitar for Beginners.
You’ll learn how to play chords and scales, as well as strumming patterns and finger picking patterns. In Singing Popular Music, you’ll explore your voice and develop your own personal style. You’ll learn how to sing properly, mastering the correct techniques and breath support.
From there, you’ll hone your writing craft, focusing on lyrics. You’ll learn about stressed and unstressed syllables, rhyme schemes, and lyrical phrasing.You’ll also record into a Digital Audio Workstation, focusing on Ableton Live and capturing both MIDI and real instruments into your DAW to record and share your ideas with the world.
What you will learn?
- The basics of playing the guitar, including chords, scales, strumming and picking patterns.
- How to sing in your preferred genre and style healthfully, using proper breathing and vocal techniques.
- Basic songwriting tools and techniques to augment your songwriting.
- How to record, edit, and mix music productions that include MIDI and audio to create professional sounding recordings of your music.
Skills you will gain
- Music production
- Music notation
- Guitar scales
- Guitar chords
- Popular Music
- Breathing Techniques
- Guitar for Beginners: Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You’ll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance technique, and basic music theory.
- Singing Popular Music: The course begins with devices to support and alter your sound including vowel quality, tone production, and breathing techniques. From there, you will learn how to use techniques like mix voice and belting in contemporary singing styles.
- Songwriting- Writing the Lyrics: There’s a songwriter lurking somewhere inside you, peeking around corners, wondering if it’s safe to come out. Now it is. This course is an invitation to let your inner songwriter step into the sunlight. All it takes is a simple “yes” and you’ll be climbing that windy hill, marveling at the view.
- Introduction to Ableton Live: The new version of Introduction to Ableton Live featuring Ableton Live 10 will launch on April 20!
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.